Artists at Work
A competent and hardworking Artist who is able to come up with a range of original ideas, theories and fascinations through various artistic mediums, and has a long track record of creating original pieces of art work, through a variety of mediums. Comes with a strong artistic background, with a history of excellent craftsmanship and with the ability to create art for either sale or exhibition.
I work in a responsive manner directly from the motif. The still life arrangement is both anchor and springboard, a point of reference as well as a point of departure that stimulates critical, design-based thinking. I react to the motif through the painting process, registering small variations and adjustments in color, tone, proportion, relative placement, and spatial orientation. The accumulation of these slow and incremental changes produces a refinement of form and an articulation of space built upon extended observation. I am concerned with the challenge of translating visual information into paintings/artworks that speak of their own making, constructing a work that is both image and object
- CEO. Founder
Born in New Delhi, India on 12th November 1979. I graduated from Delhi University in 2001 with meritorious distinctions. Simultaneously I underwent an extensive training for three years in Commercial Arts from The International Polytechnic for Women in South Extension, New Delhi and currently pursuing post-graduation in MFA applied arts.
I started painting professionally at the age of 18 and have a number of national and state level awards to my credit. After working extensively with oils, acrylics, charcoals, right now I am experimenting different techniques in the field of art, like murals, sculptures, etc.
- Awarded IAFA National Award of Rs.4000/- cash prize and a silver plaque Memorial Awards in the name of Late Shree S.G. Thakar Singh, a Padamshree awardees in a painting named” Shramik” from Indian Academy of Fine Arts(IAFA) in 69th All India Exhibition of Arts 2003” at Amritsar on 6th Sep.’03. Painting exhibited at Art Gallery, M.M. Malviya road, Amritsar.
- Participated in Group Exhibition at “Bhagidari Mela” at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on Saturday 19th April 2003, organized by Delhi Administration, under our honorable Chief minister ‘Shrimati Sheila Dixit’
- “Mrs. Sheila Dixit” purchased painting named “Strishakti” exhibited at Bhagidari Mela.
- Awarded Bronze medal for the painting “AIDS” at Hindi Bhavan at State Level in “Avantika” a group for contemporary art where the painting still exhibited in Chandigarh.
- Awarded for painting “Roshni” exhibited at “National BAL Bhavan “in All India Art Teachers Competition organized by Camlin All India Limited 2002.
- Attended an Artist Camp at Murthal organized by “Wisdom” a group of Artists.
- Awarded First in Inter School Competition at D.P.S. R.K. Puram on pollution Day.
- Participating in the Group show by Wisdom Society Society, the 2nd All India Art Exhibition at Lalit Kala Academy on 9th October, 2003.
- Two group exhibition in Indraprastha Gallery, I.P. Extn. Mother Dairy, New Delhi.
Done a campaign for Aids Awareness Group “AAG” for the subject “Aids and society”, Consisting 30 items related to the social awareness about the disease.
Post-graduation in MFA applied arts from Venkateshwara Open university, Arunachal Pradesh. Graduate from Delhi University
Three years Diploma in commercial Arts from International Polytechnic for women South Extension New Delhi.